Ace-031, also known as ACVR2B, is a soluble form of activin type IIB receptor, which is an inhibitor of myostatin and other naturally occurring proteins that limit muscle growth. This compound was genetically developed to bind to myostatin before it can attach to its receptor and halt muscle growth. The two Biopharma companies that worked on this compound are Acceleron and Shire.
- Increased muscle mass
- Decreased fat mass
- Increased strength and explosiveness
- Average dose is 100 micrograms (mcg) per day.
- Administration via intramuscular or subcutaneous injection.
- Recommended cycle duration: 10 days.
- Prolonged use could lead to oversized heart muscle through non-selective myostatin inhibition.
- Unopened Vial: 36 months
- After reconstitution: Must be used in 10 days and stored between 2°C – 8°C